Spa Medical Centre Patient Reference Group (PRG) is a group of patients and Practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilites offered by the surgery.
Purpose of the PRG
- To foster and maintain a good relationship between the Practice and you, the patient
- To give patients and Practice staff the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their surgery
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about their surgery and their own healthcare
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care
- To involve further patients from the wide population
How the PRG works
The running of the group really depends upon the group of people involved. Full meetings are held quarterly at the Medical Centre, normally on a Wednesday or Thursday evening.
Joining the Group
The PRG welcomes new members, particularly representatives from the under 18 age group, parents with young children, disabled and ethnic minority patients.
Please ask at Reception or email Cheryl Attrill on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.