Patient Reference Group (PRG)
Spa Medical Centre Patient Reference Group is a group of patients and Practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilites offered by the surgery.
Purpose of the PRG
- To foster and maintain a good relationship between the Practice and you, the patient
- To give patients and Practice staff the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their surgery
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about their surgery and their own healthcare
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care
- To involve further patients from the wide population
How the PRG works
The running of the group really depends upon the group of people involved. Full meetings are held quarterly at the Medical Centre, normally on a Wednesday or Thursday evening.
Joining the Group
The PRG welcomes new members, particularly representatives from the under 18 age group, parents with young children, disabled and ethnic minority patients.
If you would prefer not to attend meetings, but would still like to be involved, join our virtual patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
Please ask at Reception or contact Zara Lane on 01225 898015 for further information.