Current Vacancy - CARE NAVIGATOR
JOB TITLE Care Navigator
HOURS Monday – Friday, 20 - 25 hours per week. Between the hours of 07:45 - 20.00.
SALARY Starting at £10.50/hr rising to £11:00/hr
RESPONSIBLE TO Reception Supervisor, Ops Manager, ultimately the Practice Manager and Partners
JOB SUMMARY The Care Navigator will be responsible for providing excellent and efficient customer service over the telephone, in a very busy pressurised environment. Front of House cover, dealing with services users face-to-face, who can, at times, be distressed and demanding.
· To ensure telephone calls are answered in a timely and professional manner and signpost to the most appropriate service, appointment or clinician. · To welcome patients and service users as the first point of contact to the Practice.
· To arrive, make, amend or cancel appointments (face--to-face).
· To read, action and maintain the ‘Patient Contact List’ system in accordance with the Practice’s policy and process.
· To assist patients with the new registration process.
· To share information regarding the complaints procedure.
· To ensure patient confidentiality, respect, and dignity is adhered to at all times.
· To add any additional information about patient into the patient’s medical records such as contact details, next of kin details etc.
· To pass on patient requests to the most appropriate department or team member.
· To act with professionalism and ensuring that ethical conduct is adhered to at all times.
· To keep the working area clean, tidy and professional whilst adhering to GDPR regulations.
· To sign in and sign out medications including repeat prescriptions.
· To accept specimens from patients and deliver to the appropriate storage facility.
· To accept deliveries addressed to the Practice.
· To extract safeguarding information and follow the appropriate pathway.
· To save and discard patients appropriately (not to leave patients records open when unattended).
· To maintain accurate and relevant patient records, including recording of events and requests.
· To assist with training for new staff.
· To assist with the gathering of statistics and information when required.
· To provide cover for members of the Call Centre and Front of House team during periods of sickness and annual leave.
· It will be necessary to attend and contribute to various practice meetings as requested.
· The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes as deemed necessary.
· In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
· In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other Healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
· Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
· Not to enter patients records without clinical or administrative need to do so.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
· Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines.
· Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that
manages those risks.
· Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
· Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way
and free from hazards.
· Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when
· Keeping own work areas and general / patient areas generally clean, assisting in the
maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder’s
· Reporting potential risks identified.
· Demonstrate due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
· Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way
that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
· Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
· Behaving in a manner that is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgemental and
respects their circumstances, feelings, priorities and rights.
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
· Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for
maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
· Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills
and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
· Communicate effectively with other team members.
· Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
· Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.